Thursday, October 7, 2010

My Memorable Birthday last month in September

Today I am remembering my birthday celebration I had last month. I loved the gifts I received from near and dear ones. I am thankful and grateful to all of them and what better way to thank them than to do it publicly in my blog. I love them all for they have been there for me like always. I want to give them a big hug and hope Lord bestows them with all blessings and rewards them all well and keep them in good health. I will always remember their feelings for me especially my Aunt who made time from her busy schedule and came along with me to buy my delicious walnut chocolate brownie cake wow what drooly yummy sight it was to see my freshly baked cake ready to be devoured by me and my near and dear ones. Like aways I blew candles thanked the Lord for giving me wonderful people surrounding me and making my day special I got a kiss and  a hug from everyone since I am their precious little one yipee. But sadly missed my brother who is far off  working in foreign land.But he made my day special by sending a special birthday cake for me a delicious  black forest cake but it arrived at  a later date so had double celebrations last month. Thanks a million to  my  brother my parents and my Aunt who made my day a special one. I had quite dinner later in  the evening with my family in a resturant of my choice tell you that fact that it rained that night when we  were leaving for dinner with thunder and lightning and heavy showers  wow it seemed like God to showered his blessings on me  but suddenly it stopped raining and we left for our family dinner date. Yeah! I had a memorable birthday.

I am posting chocolate walnut sizzling brownie recipe:
Chocolate Sponge:
150gm Butter
100gm Sugar
100gm Flour
50gm Cocoa
1/2tsp vanilla essence
3 eggs
1tsp baking powder
2bsp walnuts
salt a pinch

Preparation :
In a bowl add butter sugar and whisk till mixture fluffy then add  beaten egg yolks  which are seprated from egg whites

In another bowl  beat egg  whites in a seprately  till their fluffy and stiff  add them to the above mixture and add vanilla essence.

Then add sieved flour, baking powder, walnuts  and cocoa powder together to the above mixture and just fold it do not stir it but slowly fold mixture with a spatula.

Then add the mixture in a greased and flour dusted tin and bake at 180 degrees for 20 to 25 minutes or till knife poked in cake comes out clear.

Chocolate Sauce:
1 cup cream
1/2 cup dark sweet chocolate melted in microwave for 1min

Preparation:
Mix the above mixture together and heat them for 2min in a slow flame till coats back of the spoon .

Then in a hot  sizzling plate place a cake slice add scoop of vanilla ice-cream and pour  the chocolate sauce and serve with a cherry on top and garnish with chopped walnuts.



No comments:

Post a Comment